Here we are. Episode 5. Right around the time television shows settle into their run.
Same is true here, where the elements that have worked well for the first 4 episodes continue to do so and those that don't, well…don't.
- Everything having to do with the Petrellis.
- The deepening mythology across the board, but particularly around the "mysterious" formula.
- It seems that Matt Parkman is going to be a big part of this season. I'm intrigued.
- Adam Monroe is back. So is Parkman's dad (in a really cool reveal I should have seen coming, but didn't). Oh and yet another Petrelli (in a really cool reveal I saw coming in last week's preview of this episode).
The Not So Good?
- No Kristen Bell. (seriously, what the fuck is this? Daphne is just no match for the effortless cool of Veronica Mars, folks)
- The whole Claire-Bubbs-HRG-Sylar subplot (boo.just.boo).
- It seems Tracy was just a fuck you to the viewers, because she's basically Niki now. As a fan of Niki, they should have just kept that character. This backdoor way of keeping Niki around is kind of irritating.
- Mohinder is lame as hell!
- And on that note, it's time to get rid of the last wonder twin. She serves absolutely no purpose. Can she go away and we get DL back? Thanks!